The HVACR Manufacturers Association (HMA) is a trade association that was began by manufacturers of supplies to the HVACR industry. Membership is not limited to supply manufacturers, however. HMA also welcomes OEMs. HMA differs from other industry trade associations since it does not use trade association staff, and welcomes all companies involved in the manufacturing of products used in the HVACR industry. Whereas:
- AHRI is a trade association that focuses primarily focuses on HVACR + Water Heating OEM matters, and also serves as the primary certification body for certified and verified ratings, as well as standards development and research projects.
- HARDI is a trade association that focuses on HVACR wholesaler distributors.
- ACCA and PHCC are trade associations whose members are comprised of HVACR contractors (and plumber) contracting businesses.
HMA is run by manufacturers, for manufacturers. HMA is an organization dedicated to the manufacturer’s perspective, and will on behalf of its member companies:
- Analyze: Collect and share relevant industry data, information and trends
- Educate: Promote career path development for HVACR manufacturing and the industry as a whole
- Advocate: Serve as a unified voice on policy & industry matters
- Network: Provide opportunities for interaction & engagement
Whether you manufacturer labels, wire, or compressors for HVACR equipment, or are the OEM of the equipment, this association can work for you.